Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Ever evolving and changing

Things seem to be evolving and changing in Second Life with the public opening of Sansar.  Also it seems the crowd and people are way down after Second Pride happened.  Bar and sim are closing because of lack of attendance at parties and events and people are trying to revamp themselves by closing one bar one day and opening a new bar the next it is just not going to work.

Big contest take away from everyone and I am sure if you check everyone there you will find many of the avatars have no payment info on file and are most likely just standing there not moving but yet are in on the contest or have the club tag for the free lindens.

Over the last few week's there have been numerous new bars and locations open for people to attend and enjoy.  There are more on the way 3 that I know of including a new venue for a well-known location in addition to the current venues they already have.  Two of these new venues yet to open will be operated by close friends involved.  Some of the other places are operated by people I have come to know.

Recently some events at established venues have had 6 people to 10 unless there is a contest involved. Some say because of the season but even though that maybe part of the reason for low attendance,  it is more than that.  There are just too many venues to support the grid and the amount of events happening now at the time slot I counted 6 one day even with all the AVI's in Second Life.

I am not in Second Life as a DJ to make money with K.O.X.X. I will be happy to break even and cover expenses which total about $5000L  a week and this does include tier and my stream.  Over the last two weeks I have made about 1/2 that amount just not enough for me to continue with my own place.  I am indebted and have a great love for my friends and those who have supported me such as BamBam for all he has done in the design and layout of the parcel (K.O.X.X.} along with Rayden, Markarius, Daniel Vale, Fusion, Kaiden, Noxy, NakedCarl, Edwin, Jimmy, Danyel there are many, many more.  I am sorry if I missed someone but I am dealing with RL Pain and health Issues.

Because of the season along with other reasons, that I am not being able to meet expenses ($7000L in four weeks when I need $20K) I will have events at K.O.X.X. the last one being "Thursday August 10th at 1PM".  I did not open this venue to compete with others I open it to have fun and it is just not happening at this time.  I will continue to DJ where I am currently and when I can depending on medical appointments and issues.  Otherwise, I am not making any commitment except for fundraising events planned or being work on.

I also will have back surgery in the near future and the recovery time is 4-6 weeks I maybe able to be in world but cannot manage or be stressed out during the recovery period.  I hope you all understand and join me during one last event to close out and maybe with hope for the future.

Thank You again for your support and I will see you on the flip side.

Ezzie (not pronounced easy)

2 comments:

  1. Ez you are a class A second lifer. I feel pretty much as you do. Nice blog. Will link to it on my blog
    Hugs
    Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. I agree with what you say here. Noticed smaller crowds everywhere I go.

    I have your blog link on my blog and see you have a link to this one. Thank you.
    Hugs

    Keep up your great work and don"t give up. Thinks do change.

    ReplyDelete